Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Week of School

Summer break is officially over. By now our kids have returned to school or daycare and moms have returned to the hustle and bustle of playing chauffeur, buying new clothes and necessary supplies. As I talk to subscribers from coast to coast, I hear all the different things I have to look forward to in the coming years. On the west coast there is the constant search for a "good" school/daycare that is both culturally balance and academically challenging. In the mid-west there is the desire to establish and maintain communication with teachers, without feeling that need to be present in the classroom daily. Now, I am sure that there are wonderful centers and schools with excellent teachers out there, but it seems that they are few and far between. What was your first week like with your children? Share your stories, even if you children are older. Some of our readers are moms and teachers, what are your tips? If nothing else list schools/daycare centers in your area that you loved or hated. You never know who you can help...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This year my daughter is in 1st grade and for her it was a great step. You would have thought she were a freshman in college. And really finding the right school with the academic and cultural balance was somewhat a challenge. It was like looking for a college, but in the end she is in a school that teaches the Reggio theory. Look the method up when you have time. Interestingly enough after a long search and dissatisfaction with her previous school, she is now in a school 35 minutes away from home, very diverse and a little different from what I am used to seeing and being part of. I am an active mom in the class and so for the first few weeks, I am giving the teachers time to get settled in and then I plan to help where needed. My daughter did not have to wear uniforms this year. Needless to say that was a huge OUCH for me because when that alarm rolls off at 6 a.m. I am not ready to hear "but momma, I change my mind. I don't wanna wear that momma, or my hair is not right, or crying, momma I'm sleepy." Good Lord, before the day gets going it is a "momma, momma challenge." But I see the growth and independence..."don't walk me inside momma, I can go by myself." And I kindly said...well you have a positive day and momma loves you. Only to pick her up at 2:15 p.m.with momma, I'm hungry! Well mothers from a momma of a very independent 6 year old to those who have not gotten there yet, be prepared! And get your child prepared along the way as to how school days go. Reinact if you can a day in school and see how it works with the regimen of work and play. You will be fine. Take asprin and plenty of prayer. Thanks for allowing a sistah to share or vent!