Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Stacking My Blocks

It has truly been entirely too long since I have sat down an written anything. By now my readers have changed and moved on to other things, as a mom's world never stops. I can honestly say that I have found a new and exciting challenge in being the mother of two beautiful daughters. Some one once told me that adjusting from one to two children is the hardest but once you have two you can have six. Well I don't know about the six but I have felt like I haven't "stacked my blocks" some days. Remember when you first learned how to build things with blocks, you were always taught to put the larger pieces on the bottom to make a foundation for the other pieces. If you didn't follow this rule, you quickly learned the rule of gravity and found yourself starting all over again (and if you are like my three year old some tears were probably shed).

Adjusting to two has been like this for me, but while it has been challenging I have enjoyed every minute....even the tear shedding. My youngest is 9 months (I can't believe it) and it has taken me this long to figure out what the big pieces are and to lay that foundation first. But like most mom's I have neglected Lori..........so I am recommitting to my blog and me time. Even if it is two or three entries a week. I want something that my girls can look at later and say..."Wow look what mommy did." Blogging for me created an outlet for me to connect with other moms and hear their survival tips.....and I have greatly missed it.

3 comments:

Petula said...

Welcome back Lori. It seems to be a perfect time for me to come by. I'm still working on stacking my blocks and I have four: ages 19, 6, 5 and 3. There's always something that comes along that makes me feel like I don't know how to stack blocks. Great post! Thanks. :-) Good luck with getting and taking your "me time."

momsrus said...

I hear ya girl. I had a (still having) a hard time adjusting to 2. I have a 14 mo. old boy and 7 yo girl.

Keep on stacking...Val

1stopmom said...

Just wanted to stop by and say you have been missed :) I completely understand you. I have four and I am constantly "stacking my blocks"