Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, October 3, 2008

#1
With everything else we do as mothers, we also have to provide balanced meals for ourselves and our families. So I thought that it would be cool to post recipes on Friday that are fun. By fun I mean easily prepared (so can be made in one pot) and delicious. I don't know about you but that is my kind of meal.

Chicken with Black-Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice
(Patti LaBelle's Lite Cuisine)
Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves (minced or chopped, I use the Walmart brand that comes in a jar)
1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken tenders
1/2 t poultry seasoning
1/2 t black pepper
1/4 t red pepper flakes
1/4 t salt
3/4 cup uncooked yellow rice (I buy the kind in the bag that is already seasoned)
One 14.5 oz can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 T chopped fresh thyme

T= tablespoon, t= teaspoon

Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and chicken and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides.

Stir in the broth, poultry seasoning, black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.

Stir in rice. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is almost tender about 10 minutes.

Stir in black-eyed peas and thyme. Cover and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.

Makes 6 servings

Per serving 300 calories, 32 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 3 g dietary fiber, 610 mg sodium

No comments: