Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Guilt-Free Motherhood

I am not sure when it happened, but at some point being a playmate was added to the mommy-to-do list. Some days between cooking, cleaning and/or working outside the home, we don't feel like another Dora Song or episode of Hanna Montana. All moms have those times when they just don't feel like playing with their children. When we do take the time to get in the floor and play, our minds on all the other things we have to get done.

First we have to learn to give ourselves a break. No one expects us, including our children, to be their only form of entertainment 24/7. They need down time just like we do. When we do take time to play with our children, focus only playing. Giving that time our undivided attention, that way when we are ready to move on to something else we don't feel guilty. Who knows we may even have fun!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that! I think it is important for us to be in that "moment" when we are engaged with our children. They grow up so fast and if we can stop to see them learn how to cross the monkey bars instead of saying "hurry let's go," we will find ourselves watching the evolution of growth and truly enjoying playing or just "being" with our babies...Guilt free. I love the article. Thanks for the reminder.