Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Procrastination Power

Why is it as mothers when we hear the word procrastination we cringe? We often become embarrassed if we have once again waited to the last minute to wash our child's uniform or we didn't remember to go by the store on the way home. I don't know about you, but I don't remember being handed a superwoman cape when I left the hospital with my child. So why don't we give ourselves the same breaks that we give other people?

Here are three solutions I have come up with and you may have some of your own you'd like to share. First when we are faced with procrastination and feel overwhelmed let's agree to JUST GET IT DONE. So what if it has taken you longer than you originally thought it would. Take control and get it done, you didn't finish the laundry yesterday, give yourself some slack and don't focus on mistakes.

Second, when it comes to other areas we have procrastinated in, we have to learn to GET OVER IT. We aren't going to always get everything right and done on time, but it is not the end of the world. Tomorrow will bring new challenges, responsibilities and hope.

Lastly we need to learn to TURN IT OVER. This simply means turning it over to someone else. Often this means giving it over to God but we also have to give some of the mom-to-do list to our spouses, extended family or even someone who can just give a helping hand. The most important part of this solution is when you release it, don't pick it back up. If you prayed about it don't worry about it. If you gave to someone else to do, don't feel you have to supervise them (I do that all the time). We have to learn to completely turn it over.

No comments: