Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jada's Golden Rules


I love this month's cover story in Cookie Magazine on Jada Pinkett Smith and her family values. She is picture throughout the article with pics of her and her 8 year old daughter Willow. The fashions show off are really cool. While they may be out the price range of the average momma and daughter, they are fitted with some items from J Crew. Her mom style rocks.

She talks about her Golden Rules for parenting which include eating as a family, getting help from others (i.e. grandma and extended family), drinking water for energy, respecting our kids boundaries, choosing your battles and exposing and educating your children to new things. It is a pretty cool article. She is also featured with her husband in this months Essences magazine where she talks about marriage. I love how she is constantly changing but stays true to herself.

5 comments:

Swapna said...

Nice blog... I had gotten a bit caught up with just dropping the entrecards, Now i have decided that comments are more important ..so Hi, you have a cute daughter..my daughter is 2 years and 4 months old.

Unknown said...

Mrs. Smith is, for sure, one cool mama! I adore the love story of that family... what an inspiration. Thanks for the heads up on the Cookie mag article!

Dori said...

I love her and she is beautiful. I saw her here in London at the Nelson Mandela concert along with Will back in June. They are great :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've always adored Jada! Her strength, beauty, essence, and style are capitivating. Despite the rumors surrounding her marriage to Will, there is always so much love and admiration between the two, and it's a beautiful foundation for their family. It's always beautiful and motivating to see Black Love and its results: A Unified Black Family!

--Nai
"It's called the PAST, cause I'm getting PAST"

Anonymous said...

I have watched Jada since "Different World" and I have seen her evolve into a beautiful woman, wife and mother. I like what she stands for in raising her children and that she is very involved...while maintaining a balance between marriage, work and the work her children are now involved in. And what a blessing it is to have extended family to help ya. Jada is a great example! Helps to encourage me with one!