Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Mama











Now that we know who our president will be for at least the next 4 years, I wanted to hear your comments about what you think Obama can bring to the table as it relates to Mommas everywhere. We know that he is a family man, but do you think this will impact how he works with mothers and the needs of women? I know that the purpose of this blog is not a political one, but this is an important issue and I couldn't let this historic event pass without opening the door for discussion from other mothers. I personally think that the United States is about to experience change on a completely different level and a change for the better. This has truly been an emotional election for Obama supporters as well as McCain supporters, as was evident last evening on CNN. It was awesome to see people of all ages, backgrounds and races moved to tears as they looked to the hope Obama brings. What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the opportunity to leave a comment about this for all momma's. I believe Barack accomplished a great dream for people of all races, nationalities and for the "family." It is wonderful to know that he pays a debt of gratitude for those ie. his grandmother who raised him and gave a firm hand with a solid foundation in helping to mold him into being the man he is today. How proud those individuals especially his grandmomma would have been to witness the outcome of her labor of love. But quickly, Barack and Michelle show us that we can accomplish all that we can dream or imagine, to not give up in the face of adversity and that change can be a "great" thing. Change must not be feared but embraced. There also is a positive restoration of the family across the board and I see love for his wife and children. I also see a momma who loves her man and takes care of the family. She is the hub of the wheel! I have been part of history but also felt the hurt our country has experienced especially for me in the last 5 years. I have a restored hope and faith not only in Barack but also that God can do anything! He can bring about change and raise up who He decides to lead. God bless us all to dream more and move in a positive way with and for our families that will lead others to live great and purposeful lives....thank you sister! You know who!

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

I think he and Michelle make a great team. I think that he will be sensitive to issues that concern women as a whole.


alicia
http://todaystyle.today.com/

Anonymous said...

I also think Barack and Michelle make a great team. I love how Barack interacts with his daughters. It is so great how visually you can tell how much he loves his daughters and it is just as evident how much they adore him. I think Barack is going to be great at helping us as a country go back to recognizing the importance of family.