Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, November 21, 2008



Keeping with the holiday spirit, I thought this weeks fun food would be Sweet Potato Recipes. Here are two you can try:

Sweet Potato Casserole
A sweet potato casserole recipe, made with mashed sweet potatoes and a crunchy pecan topping.

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • .
  • Topping:
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Preparation:

Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole dish. Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, until hot and browned.
Serves 6 to 8.

A Very Sweet Crock of Potatoes Recipe

Ingredients:
6 sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Directions:

Cut potatoes into one inch chunks and place in crockpot. Combine brown sugar, first measure of butter, cinnamon, and apple sauce in small bowl; blend and pour over potatoes. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until potatoes are tender.

When ready to serve, melt remaining butter in small skillet; add pecan pieces. Cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes and serve.

One is simple and quick, one takes a little longer. Your choice.

4 comments:

Dori said...

Great recipes...they have my mouth watering. I'm gonna be baking my sweet potato pies tomorrow or Monday :)

Unknown said...

Great recipes! I know I need to sharpen my cooking skills. :)

BTW, here to invite you over to Hip Mama's Place for the 2008 Christmas Giveaway Event! Tons of prizes are in stoe for the whole family. So hope to see you join in the fun! :)

Just go to: www.hipmamasplace.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good... =D

How to Party with an Infant said...

These look awesome, thanks!