Welcome to Momma Momma

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is a place for mothers to reduce stress, vent, discuss fashion that fits our style, exchange recipes, tips, advice and so much more. Please leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts and you never know who you might help. Remember we are the safety pins that hold it together.

Blog of the Day

Grab My Button

Please subscribe !!!!!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz


About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother who left the work place almost four years ago. I have a M.A. in Clinical Psychology and have worked as a therapist with children and their families. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who is now a full time minister.

I'm 2

I'm 2


How many times a day do you hear momma momma?

blog/> Get your own free Blogoversary button! Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, December 5, 2008

Chocolate Trifle






My husband's cousin gave me this cool recipe for a Chocolate Trifle. It was delicious and super easy, I made it with my 6 year old niece. Great Christmas dessert!!!!!


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix (just a hint the richer the brownie mix the richer the dessert will turn out)
  • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 package of Toffee chips (you can find this in the baking section)
  • 1 bottle of Caramel Sundae Topping

DIRECTIONS

  1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely.(Brownies can cool while you prepare the pudding. Crumble with a spoon.
  2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, (I used chocolate soy milk to make the pudding it was great). Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain( Adding the additional whipped topping here is optional, you can add condensed milk and water to give it the right consistency. I skipped this entire step and just used the instant pudding alone).
  3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies,half the toffee bits, a few swirls of the sundae topping, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

This is a very sweet dessert so you can alternate the ingredients to what you like. My niece doesn't like Caramel so we only did it on the lower layer and didn't use very much. Hope you enjoy.

8 comments:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Mmmmm...that looks and sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing. I might need to make that soon. Maybe tonight...

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious, I can't even fathom what it would taste like! Absolutely marvelous is my guess.

Erin Tales said...

Ooooh....that looks yummy.

LaTonya Yvette said...

This will definitely be on my Christmas dinner table......looks delicious

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I had some made by my sister and my 6 year old and let me say...Oh Lord, what a heaven was I in? Smile momma's and enjoy the chocolate!!!!

LaTonya Yvette said...

Lori! I made this for Christmas and it was a big hit. So simple to make also. Thank You!